Saturday 10 December 2022

Languish Not…Make Another Quilt!

2022

2021 vanished in a flash, leaving me counting UFO’s and dreaming of more fantastic quilt designs to add to the “To Do - hopefully one day soon - List”.  Hmmm, I should stop reading those enticing magazines!  The year did finish with a flourish, however, as I managed to add 4 quilt tops to the “basted and ready for quilting box”. 

The new year however, became the year of catching up with family & friends as borders and boundaries opened.  Our poor car did not sit idle for long at all as we galivanted across 4 states before settling down to a cold and rather wet winter on the river.  Too cold and wet to work in the outside sewing room (my garden shed).  Meanwhile, other indoor projects took priority; sorting photos being one huge job that has STILL to be finished.

At least the RLI girls were able to meet at Randwick again, and aside from the odd bout of Covid isolation and overseas jaunts, we’ve settled back into the old meeting routine.  I’ve now limited myself to taking portable projects to the meetings too, after having my sewing machine in for a service & repairs twice last year.  It just doesn’t enjoy travelling the way it did in its youth!

So, it was with some relief then, that in October, I had reason to limber up and get Bertie primed for a session of free motion quilting.  Woohoo!  Off and running at last.  Now I am working on quilt #4, so it is good to see a nearly empty box on the shelf.  I seriously doubt it will be done by Christmas this year; it still has quite a bit of embroidery to add once the quilting is done.  Never mind, it’s all progress. 

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas, a prosperous New Year and time for lots and lots of stitching.

Clip Art from The Graphics Fairy